
Myself along with Ali, Karrie, Melissa, Gricel, and Elena were invited to Kayla's American Girl Birthday party at the American Girl Place at The Grove in Los Angeles. It was a girls dream. They had dolls everywhere. I know I would have loved it if I were still a young girl. Why did we not have this when I was a child? If your not familiar with American Girl here is a little history for you.
The American Girl product line was first introduced in 1986 when they released their first catalog. The company motto is to "celebrate girls" and their products have allowed girls of all ages to thrive from preschool age up to teens. American Girl books, dolls, clothes, toys and accessories have become a staple in homes across America. The first product American Girl brought to market were the historical characters - Kaya, Felicity, Josefina, Kirsten, Addy, Samantha, Kit, and Molly. These characters came as 18 inch dolls and were featured in books. The historical dolls help teach young girls about the trials and tribulations of pioneer/colonial life and how things used to be. The American Girl Magazine was launched in 1992 as an ad free publication that had goals of shaping young girls with increased self-esteem through positive articles and stories. The magazine has flourished and has over 650K subscribers. In the mid 1990's, the Just Like You line of 18-inch dolls was introduced to "represent the individuality and diversity of today’s American girls". For girls aged 3-6, American Girl came up with huggable baby dolls called Bitty Baby to "encourage nurturing behavior". The American Girl dolls are sold both online and in retail shops like American Girl Place.


Here is the Birthday girl Kayla blowing out the candles on her cake. Kayla loves the American Girl dolls. She has at least 6 dolls, and these dolls are no cheap. The run about $90.
Alisa and Kayla smiling for the camera. In case people don't know Alisa is my boss and Kayla is her older daughter.
While I was at The American Girl Place I purchased a Bitty Baby doll for Victoria. When I brought it home to her that day she was so happy. This is now here favorite doll. She named her Mary. Next year for her Birthday I am going to buy her an American Girl doll.

No comments:
Post a Comment